Upon completion of this course, the student instructor will have demonstrated to the satisfaction of the instructors as measured by 75% accuracy on written tests and instructor observation of student practice and 75% completion of assigned lesson plans, visual aids, administrative duties, and other signed projects, the ability to:
- Demonstration and understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and course content for teaching cosmetology.
- Write and use appropriate daily and unit lesson plans for meeting the objectives of the course.
- Utilize methods of teaching that are appropriate for cosmetology, including lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and supervision of student clinic work.
- Demonstrate efficient class organization, control, and management in both the theory classroom and the clinic practice.
- Understand individual differences and different learning rates of students and be able to identify motivational techniques for student success.
- Create and use appropriately visual aids and use and care for visual aid equipment.
- Perform administrative duties as related to classroom atmosphere, safety measures, records and record keeping, enrolling and terminating students, and ordinary maintenance of equipment.
- Develop and use evaluation instruments for measuring student achievement.
- Successfully complete the Arkansas State Board of Cosmetology licensing examination for instructors.